The most notable event of our trip by far was Romania.
We reached the border at midnight. When the train stopped, two men entered our carriage and sat down.
They turned out to be Iraqi Kurds. Two Romanian guards came in soon after to check our passports. They had only a cursory interest in us as their appetite was for grilling the two men.
- Pediatrics: Infectious Disease Update (Audio-Digest Foundation Pediatrics Continuing Medical Education (CME). Book 57)?
- Agriculture of Indonesia, with Photographs.
- 100 Artists Manifestos: From the Futurists to the Stuckists (Penguin Modern Classics)!
- Carthaginian Empire 31 - Cold Water, Cold Land (Bluewood Publishing Ltd)!
- Near the Border of Insanities by Dannie Abse | Poetry Magazine.
- At the Border, by Choman Hardi | Proletarian Poetry;
- Tilly and Nuella - A Lifetime Odyssey Of Friendship.
The four of them looked at each other in silence for a moment, then one guard looked at their passports. We were beyond nervous. The Kurdish people, spread across a number of countries, continue to be shunned by powers in the region; they are one of the most poignant examples of how borders separate people, of how lines on paper divide lives on the ground.
All of this lies at the heart of what we see today with the refugee crisis; a crisis made explicit to us by the European situation but is far worse in countries such as Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey.
This poet gives voice to the violence along the U.S.-Mexico border | PBS NewsHour
A poet, writer and academic researcher, she has published three collections of poetry in Kurdish and her first English collection, Life for Us , was published by Bloodaxe Books in My sister put her leg across it. My mother informed me: We are going home.
She said that the roads are much cleaner the landscape is more beautiful and people are much kinder. Dozens of families waited in the rain. Now our mothers were crying. I was five years old standing by the check-in point comparing both sides of the border. The autumn soil continued on the other side with the same colour, the same texture. It rained on both sides of the chain. We waited while our papers were checked, our faces thoroughly inspected.
Then the chain was removed to let us through. Austin Community College Creative Writing.
- Poetry at the Border: Leona Sevick – LESLEY WHEELER;
- Get The Lithub Daily;
- Search form.
- Reo Drive (Arizona Book 7).
- Visions Through A Dark Glass;
- How To Stop Procrastination And Get Things Done: Your Easy Guide to Stop Procrastination and Overcome It for Good to Get Things Done More Quickly and Efficiently?
- Actions and Detail Panel!
City University of New York. Emerson College Graduate Admissions. University of Arkansas—Monticello. University of Pittsburgh Writing Program.
Educate your inbox
Vanderbilt University. Baylor University, Department of English. Bowling Green State University. Emory University Creative Writing Program. Pen Parentis, a nonprofit for writers who have kids.
sphyganlofigh.tk Store Donate. With the increase in American overseas military presence, the border enclosing American identity widens at the same time that the nation grows more hostile towards immigration.